Community discussions

MikroTik App

ak474000
just joined
Topic Author

CRS3XX Boot Looping Recommendations?

Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:55 am

I been searching the doves for a bit and attempting to get the switch to enter NetInstall session as described though I am not convinced the board is doing that. I had a failed attempt to upgrade it that seems to have put it in this state.

Letting the device attempt a boot blink all LEDs for a moment and then will go back to doing that again no amount of holding the reset button seems to be changing the boards behavior either.

I might still be doing it wrong or have not found the exact sequence I am looking for to get the device booted somehow to recover it. I read some boards seem to offer a secondary boot loader, but I can't seem to trigger it through any methods referenced.

Not sure if this model supports any of these outright I was using the Ethernet 1 port in the NetInstall attempts and seems to be to only one that becomes active, but it will not show up within NetInstall and begins looping again afterward.

Not sure what I am missing willing to take any suggestions main PCs I have attempted this one so far has been windows only so I am willing to bet there is something amiss with the NetInstall function not working do that for some reason.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. First time posting to the forums as well so let me know if I missed posting something like this in the wrong spot as well.

Mikrotik switch is a CRS326-2G-2S+RM.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CRS3XX Boot Looping Recommendations?

Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:51 pm

Can you use the console port?

Regards.

andya

Re: CRS3XX Boot Looping Recommendations?

Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:46 am

Just make sure you set static ip on network card enable boot on net install enable boot server active you should see under device i had do erase previos config

did this crash after upgrade from 6 to 7 ? i had that issues on brand new switch