Community discussions

MikroTik App

goscickiw
Topic Author

R11eL-EC200A-EU firmware does not update

Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:52 am

I have an R11eL-EC200A-EU LTE modem connected to RB5009 via USB. The modem works correctly, but Check Firmware shows that the current version is EC200AEUHAR01A16M16, and there is a newer EC200AEUHAR01A19M16 version available.

So I tried to upgrade it. The first time I did this (on RouterOS 7.12.1) it downloaded the firmware, showed "Preparing to update", then "Updating" and a percentage value that slowly progressed. However when it finished and the modem started up, it still had the 16M16 version. On further attempts, it downloads the firmware, but after "Preparing to update" it just quits and starts up the modem.

Then I upgraded RouterOS and firmware on RB5009 to 7.13. After that the LTE interface also shows a message that "A newer version of modem firmware is available!". There is still the same problem with updating it as on 7.12.1.

Then I looked at the modem firmware upgrading instructions and noticed that it says this:
Before attempting LTE modem firmware upgrade - upgrade RouterOS version to latest releases How To Upgrade RouterOS

So did I mess something up? How do I fix this? The modem still works correctly, the only issue is that I can't upgrade its firmware.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: R11eL-EC200A-EU firmware does not update

Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:50 pm

On these cases best is open a ticket support directly with Mikrotik support, probably they will share some instructions to do the upgrade by USB and offline.

Regards.