Community discussions

MikroTik App

černobog
just joined
Topic Author

WiFi6 with VLANs on L009

Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:34 pm

First of all happy new year to all!

I am having some trouble with switching from hAP lite to L009UiGS and was hoping I could get some help with my issue.

I have created them by following this very nice guide viewtopic.php?t=143620 from the forums and modified it to fit my needs.
My network is separated in 6 VLANs:

Vlan10 - 10.0.10.0/24 - (Serverji) - Vlan for servers and self hosted services
Vlan11 - 10.0.11.0/24 - (Lan) - Main LAN for my client devices
Vlan12 - 192.168.2.0/24 - (Kamere) - IP camera network (no access to other VLANs and WAN)
Vlan13 - 10.0.13.0/24 - (Gost) - Lan for guest clients (not curently in use/not fully configured)
Vlan14 - 10.0.14.0/24 - (IoT) - Lan for IoT devices

Firewall rules are not fully configured yes, but that's not what I would like help with. I am stuck at WiFi6 configuration. I have installed the wifi-qcom package and can manage wifi6, but I cannot get capsman to work for local device. Currently I only have a cAP 2.4G and mAP lite for testing the wifi, but as far as I know that these cannot be managed on the L009 if I also want the new WiFi6 capsman.
I have created 3 configurations for capsman and when I try to assign two of them to the local wifi1 (cfg-IoT as main and cfg-Lan as slave) I see a new virtual wlan2 interface created, GUI says that both are manged by capsman, but I cannot see the SSIDs on *any* client (I have checked that my clients support WiFi6, I have even tried to lock the channels to 2.4GHz G and N and it still doesn't show them)

I've been stuck on this issue for a few days and would like to ask for help.
(Attached is my L009 config)
Many thanks in advanced!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: WiFi6 with VLANs on L009

Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:33 am

I have installed the wifi-qcom package and can manage wifi6, but I cannot get capsman to work for local device.
Capsman on wave2/wifi doesn't work for local device. You have to configure local wireless interfaces "manually" ... since new wifi uses same configuration profiles as capsman and wireless interface control is done by very same entity for both remote and local radios, all the goodies (e.g. mobility) works just fine also for the "manually configured local interfaces".

černobog
just joined
Topic Author

Re: WiFi6 with VLANs on L009

Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:11 pm

@mkx thanks for a quick reply

I have tried to move the config to not use capsman and now I can see the SSIDs on my clinets but there is another problem. I cannot connect to the AP no matter what I do. I've even tried switching the power supply to a different one with similar rating, same issues.

Today I've given up and just restarted L009 to factory settings with default config (I know Wifi6 worked like this when I was first trying out the router just after unboxing). Now I can see the AP SSID of the default config, but when I type in the password I get response from my client saying "Cannot connect to this network" and then the SSID disapears from *ALL* clients until i reboot the L009 (same beaviour seen when I tried to setup Wifi6 with VLANs with local AP like @mkx guided me to do).

I have done the upgrade to the latest ROS 7.13.1 and also upgraded the firmware via GUI, but the issue persists.

I would be greatful for any insight You share on this topic.