Community discussions

MikroTik App

tinodj
Topic Author

On 7.13.1 wifi capsman seems not to match Audience radios by band-supported

Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:09 am

On 7.13.1 wifi capsman seems not to match Audience radios by band-supported

Audience and cAP ax are on newest 7.13.1.

Capsman is running on cAP ax, Audience is CAP.

Capsman matches local radios by band-supported.

If band-supported is specified no provisioning is done from Audience. Interfaces are created and disabled, and not provisioned. Once band-supported is removed provisioning is working.
/interface/wifi/provisioning/ print detail  
Flags: X - disabled 
 0   supported-bands=5ghz-a,5ghz-n,5ghz-ac,5ghz-ax action=create-enabled master-configuration=cfg5 
I would love do debug it, I have no idea how, even in the logs were not able to find anything.

Any help is welcome.
Last edited by tinodj on Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tinodj
Topic Author

Re: On 7.13.1 wifi capsman seems not to match Audience radios by band-supported

Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:22 am

Could be related to:

viewtopic.php?p=1046672

Nullcaller
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: On 7.13.1 wifi capsman seems not to match Audience radios by band-supported  [SOLVED]

Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:09 am

0   supported-bands=5ghz-a,5ghz-n,5ghz-ac,5ghz-ax action=create-enabled master-configuration=cfg5 

I believe the 'supported-bands' are AND-gated. Meaning that, with how you configured it, the radio will be provisioned with cfg5 configuration if, and only if, it supports 5GHz-A band AND 5GHz-N band AND 5GHz-AC band AND 5GHz-AX band. It needs to support all of them to get provisioned. Audience does NOT support AX.

Try and change it to 'supported-bands=5ghz-a'. It's the oldest 5GHz standard. If you have ax devices on the network, you might want to set up a second rule and place it before this one to catch them with 'supported-bands=5ghz-ax'. But that probably makes more sense for 'action=create-dynamic-enabled' rather than for 'action=create-enabled'.

whatever

Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:53 am

You create a provisioning rule for ax devices and are complaining that it does not match non-ax devices? Works as designed.

tinodj
Topic Author

Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:09 am

You create a provisioning rule for ax devices and are complaining that it does not match non-ax devices? Works as designed.
Not sure. How should I create provisioning rule for non-ax devices? Isn't this enough: supported-bands: 5ghz-ac ?

tinodj
Topic Author

Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:15 am

I believe the 'supported-bands' are AND-gated. Meaning that, with how you configured it, the radio will be provisioned with cfg5 configuration if, and only if, it supports 5GHz-A band AND 5GHz-N band AND 5GHz-AC band AND 5GHz-AX band. It needs to support all of them to get provisioned. Audience does NOT support AX.

Try and change it to 'supported-bands=5ghz-a'. It's the oldest 5GHz standard. If you have ax devices on the network, you might want to set up a second rule and place it before this one to catch them with 'supported-bands=5ghz-ax'. But that probably makes more sense for 'action=create-dynamic-enabled' rather than for 'action=create-enabled'.
Oh, I see, I didn't know it is AND-gated. I thought it was if match in the list. Works now, thank you.

Kindis

Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:15 am

Yes, I have several cAP AX and also wAP AC (arm) and for ax devices I select AX and for ac devices I select 5GHz-AC.
This mean you have to build different configuration and provision based on MAC address.