Community discussions

MikroTik App

Naecken
just joined
Topic Author

Local RouterOS update server - file not found

Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:09 pm

Hi,

I need to make a local update server for my Mikrotik CPEs (a lot of CPEs). These CPEs don't have access to internet itself.

So, as server I have RB450g (7.12.1) on same subnet as CPEs. In root file system I placed for testing a few stable and longterm mipsbe releases like routeros-mipsbe-6.46.1.npk. On CPE (SXT 6.43.16 stable) I added Upgrade Package Source with IP of RB450.

In this part I stucked on update error "DNS cannot be resolved". Then I added static DNS for upgrade.mikrotik.com on my RB450 address.

But I stuck on error "Error: file not found".

Any idea what file I'm missing or troubles? I tried to follow a few blog topics or help.mikrotik but I don't have any idea.

Naecken
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Local RouterOS update server - file not found

Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:31 pm

Nobody use routerboard as internal update server?

I tried downgrade RB450 to v6.49.11, but no difference :(

DeadStik
just joined

Re: Local RouterOS update server - file not found  [SOLVED]

Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:04 pm

That ability seems to have been depreciated! The built-in looks for a specific file in a specific file structure to know current version and also populate the change log.

You could script your own upgrade and automate that way.

Naecken
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Local RouterOS update server - file not found

Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:47 pm

Thanks. Tthere should be update in wiki.mikrotik and help.mikrotik

This instructions aren't valid anymore :)
RouterOS can download software packages from a remote MikroTik router.

Make one router as a network upgrade central point, that will update MikroTik RouterOS on other routers.
Upload necessary RouterOS packages to this router (in the example, maps for RB751U and PowerPC for RB1100AHx2).
Add the upgrade server router (192.168.100.1) information to a router that you want to update (192.168.100.253), required settings IP address/Username/Password
Click on refresh to see available packages, download the newest packages, and reboot the router to finalize the upgrade.