Community discussions

MikroTik App

Homauon5
just joined
Topic Author

how to give customer 30days internet like ISP do

Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:15 pm

i have small internet cafe . we have like 30 customers that connect to my router by WIFI now i need a setup for 30days after 30days it s should disconnect after pay me i will give again internet. need help for make a rule or setup my router

defconfonly
just joined

Re: how to give customer 30days internet like ISP do

Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:27 pm

Hi there,

I have some idea about your internet cafe business. I didn't know if this cafe runs with dedicated computer or just setup with wireless thing that can connect for mobile devices only (i.e mobile phones, laptop), but let's figure it out. At first, we can try to configure a Hotspot which you can set the profile for the expires session within how long would be, could be in daily, weekly or even monthly. Then, there's some routerboard that support UserManager for RADIUS server to create a voucher if we wanted to be printed or something. But, for the mechanism to charge and automatically active the users internet back again after payment, for me still no idea. I have same situation long before and I used to activated the expiration back manually after the users pay the bills.

I suggest you to read further more on this manual about what I'm saying above:
Sorry for my bad grammar, hopefully this find as a solution that could help your situation, let's learn together and correct me if i'm wrong :D
Last edited by defconfonly on Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheCat12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: how to give customer 30days internet like ISP do

Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:06 pm

Or enable MAC filtering through Access List usage, set time=30d and force your clients to use non-randomized MAC address using the following access rule:
/interface wifiwave2 access-list
add action=reject mac-address=02:00:00:00:00:00 mac-address-mask=02:00:00:00:00:00 
given that you have either the WiFi or the WifiWave2 package which were introduced after RouterOS v7.12 for routers with architecture x86, ppc, mmips, tile, arm or arm64. If that's not case, you could tell your clients to connect to the WiFi with non-randomized MAC, copy them to access list through the registration table, set time in their access rule and turn off default authentication on the wireless interface