Community discussions

MikroTik App

EinarsC
just joined
Topic Author

CPE with two Metal 5SHPn (data rate?)

Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:18 pm

Hello, I'm new to this forum, but quite a long time user of MT products (not an expert though).
I have to set up a network connection between 2 buildings - approx 150m direct visibility. Nothing fancy, just AP and CPE router. It works, but I wonder why the data rate is rather slow. The AP ethernet side is measuring stable 90 Mbit/sec, when connecting to AP wlan it is about 40 Mbit/sec, but on the CPE side it is just below 30 Mbit/sec. The spec sheet says the rate can be as high as 150 Mbit/s (Wi-Fi G4). I did scan the area, set a free channel for the AP, antenna is omni 5GHz with 5 dB gain, so I specified it wlan config. Channel is set to 20 MHz band. Anything else I could try?

TIA, Einars

igorr29

Re: CPE with two Metal 5SHPn (data rate?)

Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:22 am

that's about the correct speed you're getting for such a setup.
it's a bad setup anyway, why using omni for ptp link? and why using metal in 2024. year?
get rid of those and get a pair of sxt 5 lite (for 100mbit speed) , sxtsq5ac for ~200mbit speed, or wireless wire for gigabit.

EinarsC
just joined
Topic Author

Re: CPE with two Metal 5SHPn (data rate?)

Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:53 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I've used just what I had laying in the shelf to test the concept. But sure 30 Mbit/s is not what I'm after, so will try some of these new units.