Community discussions

MikroTik App

joshhboss
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Spanning Tree Redundant Link with ROS

Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:52 am

I was hoping to get a little help with something.. Now I already know that spanning tree can get super complicated and should take a lot of consideration and planning. Now I know I dont know much but id like to get some real world experience giving the situation im in at the moment. And im will to try and I have a situation where id like to be able to start at something basic. I did read in the documentation that Link Speed/Rate has nothing to do with how router OS elections the root bridge. Now ive ALWAYS learned best by going out and trying ive watched several videos and read as much as I could find in this short time and I just kind of have to jump off a cliff.

Now my situation was.. Im setting up an event. The fence line for our fiber run was not there yet so we setup 60ghz p2ps and just used those until we ran the fiber.. Now the fiber was ran and connected them but I kind of want to leave the point to point shots up because it would be nice if I could just simply at least select a root port so that the switches always use the 10 gig link and dont revert back to using the point to point.. I drew a map of how things are connected because they dont exactly run back to the exact switch.. I was hoping there would be something I could do in just the settings of the bridge to sort of force the 10 gig port to be the root port. Im determined to just stay late at work experimenting and try out how to do this because really in what I do.. this should be something I can accomplish all the time..

Thank you all for you insights..

Please forgive my map I tried to draw it out the best I could .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.