Community discussions

MikroTik App

antwal
Topic Author

KNOT LR8 LTE Cat-M PPP connection fails

Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:05 am

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to test this product for a project but I'm having trouble getting the ppp link to work in conjunction with the GPS; I read the documentation online but it doesn't seem to work properly.

The product that just arrived had firmware 7.6 from the factory and the available ports were modbus, modem and usb2 but the ppp connection did not work; after the update to 7.12.1 the new ports available were only modbus and modem, the usb2 port gave an error and was no longer available but the connection doesn't work here either.

I attach two screens, one of the configuration reset after the upgrade to 7.12.1 and the other after changing the APN with the correct one; in both cases the connection does not work even if in the first case it adds an IP address between the routes.
after-reset-upgrade-7-12-1.png
after-change-apn.png
I've tried everything, the sim works correctly on other devices but not here

How can I solve it?

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

antwal
Topic Author

Re: KNOT LR8 LTE Cat-M PPP connection fails

Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:07 am

after several tests and research I saw that only version 7.6 works correctly; using higher versions the ppp-client works badly and the Lora interface does not transfer data as reported by other users;

for correct operation it is necessary to manually set the connection using the AT commands as per the documentation https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... T+commands

in practice I had to set up the manual connection via:
at+cops=1,1,"provider Name"
then after verifying the online registration with
at+creg?
I set the correct connection mode of the sim card, with:
at+qcfg="iotopmode",1,0
then finally I used
at+cfun=0 and at+cfun=1,1
After these steps everything worked correctly