Community discussions

MikroTik App

iotopia
just joined
Topic Author

Flashfig issues

Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:22 am

For mass provisioning, flashfig looks exactly like what I need, however I am struggling to make it work - I've tried a couple of widows PCs, tinkering with the firewall settings, have tried a super-simple script but still no dice.

Is flashfig version-specific for the default firmware loaded on the router? I'm trying to flashfig a Chateau 6 (directly into port #1) with firmware 7.11.3 so I was wondering if I needed a version-specific flashfig of 7.11.3 however I cannot see flashfig in the software download archive.

I'll keep trying different router models as well as yet another windows PC, any other ideas on what I'm missing?

iotopia
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Flashfig issues

Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:53 pm

ok, quick update as I believe after some more testing I've answered my own question here (hopefully this saves someone else some time).

I tried using flashfig on another device (hEX router) and using the same PC environment running flashfig, it worked fine - with this known working setup, I then went back to the Chateau 6 and still could not get it to pick up the new config.

I then tried upgrading the OS (which negates the usefulness of flashfig as a convenient mass config tool) and it still did not work, so...

Flashfig does not appear to be version-specific as it worked on a much older OS (6.4x) on the hEX router.
Flashfig works fine for other Mikrotik models
Flashfig does not appear to work on the Chateau 6.

Reverting to my older, tried and true config methods moving forward, and looking forward to a fix sometime soon.