Community discussions

MikroTik App

vladbande
just joined
Topic Author

Automatic SMS sending triggered by an external command

Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:38 pm

Hello,
I am a fresh Mikrotik user (R11e-LTE6) and I need help or suggestions about the possibility of sending very specific SMS (if it is possible).
My application is the following: I have a sensor network from which I acquire data and store-it on a database (it could be a .txt file if it is more suitable). The database is stored on a PC connected in the Mikrotik's network. I want to send an SMS to a specific phone list when one sensor is out of scale/not working etc. The message must contain the name of the sensor, the measured value and the problem encountered (all those information are stored inside the PC's database). It is possible? If it is, please give me an advice or a "red line" to follow or a link - if there is such a thing.

Thank you in advance!

jaclaz
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Automatic SMS sending triggered by an external command

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:17 pm

If all the logic/detection happens on the PC, the question can be reduced to "How do I make a Mikrotik router send a SMS from a PC?"

Maybe SSH:
viewtopic.php?t=174803

Or REST API:
viewtopic.php?t=183667

Both threads are a little old so it has to be checked if the solutions proposed there are still valid with RoS 7.x, of course, but they should be anyway a start.