Community discussions

MikroTik App

robt800
just joined
Topic Author

NAT 2 internal networks config

Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:58 pm

Hi,

I have 2 HAP AC Lite routers - 1 is the main router out to the internet that I never touch and has an IP address of 192.168.1.1

I do a lot of remote VPN to various sites (I connect to PLC's/ HMI's). Most of the time these remote LANs use the 192.168.0.x range, but occasionally they use the 192.168.1.x range. Obviously this causes problems/ conflicts.

Hence my thoughts were to create a 'NAT bridge' with the spare AC lite. let it accept incoming connections on port 2 with say a 192.168.25.x range and get it to NAT these packets out onto port 3 forwarded to 192.168.1.1 (the original router). I wouldn't use this router all the time (though I probably could) - just bring it out when I get a conflict.

I factory reset the 'NAT internal' router and connected to it using Winbox. And thats where I'm having issues. I'm not really sure where to start tbh.

I've created an 'External_bridge' and assigned port 3 to it.
I think I need to create an IP firewall NAT rule - but am not sure.

Could someone throw me a bone please

Thanks
Rob

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: NAT 2 internal networks config

Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:11 pm

Change your internally used subnet and completely avoid the problem.
Much easier.

robt800
just joined
Topic Author

Re: NAT 2 internal networks config

Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:50 pm

Change your internally used subnet and completely avoid the problem.
Much easier.
I thought about it - but we are going to have a 'working holiday' soon - so I'm not sure what range the airbnb's will have - so if I could get this configured - it would alleviate any stress later.
Thanks