Community discussions

MikroTik App

andrep
just joined
Topic Author

VLAN traffic stalls after starting/stopping flow

Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

Hey,

I had Router OS 7.12.1 running on a CRS326-24S+2Q+ and various VLANs configured in the Bridge config. Forwarding to the outgoing port was working fine until I upgraded to 7.14.1 yesterday. The issue is that I see traffic reaching the switch but the traffic isn't forwarded to the client port.
However, if I go into Bridge->VLAN config and disable/enable the VLAN entry it works again and the traffic is flowing again. So I would exclude a VLAN config issue.
If I stop traffic on the sender and restart after a few seconds I have to do the same again to make it work. If I don't toggle the VLAN I see traffic on the receiver for a quick moment, a few hundred packets maybe but then the switch stops forwarding. What issue can that be?

Thanks
Andre

andrep
just joined
Topic Author

Re: VLAN traffic stalls after starting/stopping flow

Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 pm

Reading viewtopic.php?p=1064622&hilit=ptp#p1064622 I've tried to disable/enable L3HW for the switch and/or the ports but without success.

andrep
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:51 pm

I've updated to 7.15beta8 and it shows the same behavior. Traffic doesn't flow until I apply the VLAN configuration again. Basically clicking the "Apply" button in the bridge's VLAN config is enough to let the traffic flow again. But that's of course not feasible. What can be the issue? This is a no-go for the recent stable software release.

I've downgraded to 7.12.1 again and it's working fine again.

andrep
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:58 pm

Can someone from the Mikrotik support team please comment on the issue we are having?

gigabyte091
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:30 pm

Best thing to do is to contact mikrotik support via email, describe your problem and attach created supout.rif file when problem occurs.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:32 pm

If you want any feedback from MT support, then you'll have to open support ticket. This is merely an user forum, hosted on MT's servers ... and occasionally visited by MT staffers. It is not means of official support.