Community discussions

MikroTik App

parady
just joined
Topic Author

Transparent IP

Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:14 am

Hello,

We have currently run into a scenario that I haven't been able to successfully yet; just wondering if anyone might have any insight into a solution/config.

We have a location that is getting new fiber internet, they are providing two public ip address, let's just call them: 56.56.56.7 & 8. There needs to be two public facing devices, each consuming one of the ip address, but the problem is that the fiber company is only going to provide one access port, what I would like to do is use a small Mikrotik device configured as a bridge, but it needs to share the ip address in a transparent ip mode (3 ports in total).

Neither one of the devices that need a public ip address can be NAT'd. What I would like to do Is pass through both public ip address to the two devices, easy enough with a bridge, but have the Mikrotik respond from one of the public ip address on specific ports only, all other traffic passed to the end device. I can accomplish this on other equipment with a transparent ip function but can't find a workable configuration to make this happen in the Mikrotik world.

The other thing to note is the assigned ip address are from a larger subnet so I just can't create a default route and put the interface name as the route path, has to be a specific ip in the subnet.

Thanks
Jeremy