Community discussions

MikroTik App

d3m0
Topic Author

VPN LAN to LAN Help

Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:40 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm having some difficulties to make a lan to lan vpn. My actual scenario is like that:

As you can see, there is a central office with a mikrotik with lan configured to 192.168.1.x . Remote sites are also lan configured to 192.168.1.x . As there is some devices in remote sites that didn't need VPN and cannot be configured with another subnet I installed a second Mikrotik router so I can setup a VPN to Central Office. Also as window server in remote site cannot be stopped for a long time I added a second IP to ethernet adapter so this machine keeps internet connectivity via ISP Router and has a second IP for connecting via Mikrotik VPN.

The point is that I setup vpn (SSTP or PPtP, both works) and I can ping from Central Office to Remote Mikrotik 192.168.10.10 but cannot ping Windows Server 192.168.10.2. Tried with proxy-arp and local-proxy-arp but didn't work.

I appreciate if someone could help to setup this VPN. I don't bother to change the approach but cannot change LAN subnets from 192.168.1.x

Thanks in advance!

vingjfg

Re: VPN LAN to LAN Help

Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:47 pm

Wow, you didn't make it easy for you!

The issue I see is that the packet goes in the VPN from the central site to the remote site, is put on the local network, arrives at the windows server .., which tries to reply to 192.168.1.0/24 on the local network.

In order for this to work, you will have to put some form of NAT on one of the Mikrotik, possibly adapt the VPN configuration and retry.

But really, the proper solution would be to take a maintenance window and renumber your remote site with something that is not 192.168.1.0/24.