Community discussions

MikroTik App

user6346
just joined
Topic Author

provision (assign) different CAPSMAN config to hAP by interface port

Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:04 am

Hello,

I am new to Mikrotik, I have a CCR with 8 network ports, and four hAP devices. I would like to install a separate configuration for each device, depending on the port to which the hAP devices are connected to the CCR. config1 should be published on eth1, etc... And if I switch the hAP to another network interface, the corresponding config should be automatically provisioned on the device. In CAPSMAN I have found the possibility to provision the config based on an IP range, unfortunately this does not work, I assume the communication between the devices takes place on the data link layer via the MAC address. Is it possible to do provisioning based on the MAC address of the network interface? Does anyone have an idea how to realize this, and is it even possible?
Thanks,
John

neki
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: provision (assign) different CAPSMAN config to hAP by interface port

Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:45 am

What is the point of that? If you want different config on each device you don't need to use CAPsMAN?

user6346
just joined
Topic Author

Re: provision (assign) different CAPSMAN config to hAP by interface port

Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:15 am

I don't want to do this manually for each device (assign configuration to hAP) every time I connect to the CCR interface. I want to have the WiFi-configurations centrally in CCR and control all devices via CCR. And when I change the devices to the network interface at CCR, the WiFi-configs should be uploaded automatically.