Community discussions

MikroTik App

radiomi
just joined
Topic Author

Tool fetch returns error "status: failed" when trying to reach endpoint at localhost program

Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:58 pm

Good morning.

I'm currently using a laptop connected via WiFi to a router. Let's suppose that the laptop has been assigned the address
X.Y.Z.T
(which is contained in the network
192.168.11.0/24
). Let's suppose that the CHR has the address 192.168.11.1/24 assigned to the interface "ether1".

In that laptop, I have set up a MikroTik CHR (using VirtualBox - Bridge Adapter). I can successfully connect to said CHR via WinBox in my laptop. Additionally, the CHR can ping the laptop successfully.

The laptop runs a program in C# with a single available "GET" endpoint: "HomeController1". When running the program from desktop, I can successfully reach the endpoint by using PostMan. Specifically, the PostMan call that I use is the following:
https://localhost:7250/HomeController1

However, if I try to fetch the API from the CHR, I get the error "status: failed; connection refused". The command that I'm using is the following:
/tool fetch url="https://X.Y.Z.T:7250/HomeController1 check-certificate=no

Regarding the MikroTik configuration, I have not set up anything special other than indicating this route:
/ip route
add disabled=no dst-address=0.0.0.0/0 gateway=ether1 routing-table=main \
    suppress-hw-offload=no
Furthermore, the Windows firewall is disabled, so I can't quite understand why the API endpoint can't be fetched successfully. Is there any extra configuration I can set up?

Thank you very much for your attention and best regards.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Tool fetch returns error "status: failed" when trying to reach endpoint at localhost program  [SOLVED]

Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:24 pm

Can you fetch data from X.Y.Z.T:7250 using another computer from same subnet? It is possible that your API server only binds to loopback interface (127.0.0.1 a.k.a. localhost).

radiomi
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Tool fetch returns error "status: failed" when trying to reach endpoint at localhost program

Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:45 pm

Good afternoon, mkx. That seemed to be the case. I could not reach the server from a device other than localhost. After reviewing the app configuration, the issue has been solved.

Thank you very much for your time and best regards!