Community discussions

MikroTik App

Aesposito
just joined
Topic Author

cant connect via winbox.exe tool, but webfrontend works

Thu May 23, 2024 9:59 am

hi together,

is there any reason why i am not able to access my lhg xl antenna via winbox? ping is successfull, i can access the admin-web portal, i can login and work via browser. but why is winbox not working? it just says "connection timeout".
is there something i am missing? i can not connect via MAC Adresse either via IP-Adress, User/Pass are correct

jaclaz
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: cant connect via winbox.exe tool, but webfrontend works  [SOLVED]

Thu May 23, 2024 11:12 am

Check your configuration, it could be something in ip firewall (unlikely if normal webfig connection works, still better chack) or something in /tool mac-server and /tool mac-server mac-winbox.

There is also the possibility that you have some limitation in your PC firewall, if you have another Mikrotik device, do check if you can access it from that PC, maybe you need to allow port 8291 traffic.

Aesposito
just joined
Topic Author

Re: cant connect via winbox.exe tool, but webfrontend works

Thu May 23, 2024 10:09 pm

Check your configuration, it could be something in ip firewall (unlikely if normal webfig connection works, still better chack) or something in /tool mac-server and /tool mac-server mac-winbox.

There is also the possibility that you have some limitation in your PC firewall, if you have another Mikrotik device, do check if you can access it from that PC, maybe you need to allow port 8291 traffic.
so winbox uses port 8291 to communicate with mikrotik? that could be the reason, i assumed it used standard https 443. i will try tomorrow, thx for the hint!!