Community discussions

MikroTik App

pmnztm
just joined
Topic Author

WAP AC interuption in WiFi connection

Thu May 23, 2024 2:55 pm

Hi All

I've a Mikrotik network with several HAP AC ap/router in my house, serviced via Capsman. So always same configurations etc
Now I have for ouside in the garden, connected a WAP AC via ùtp and PoE
I have several SSID's, fg Basic network, guest network in 4.2 and 5 ghz. the guest network is configured as a VAP.

In house, with the HAP AC's everything is working fine. So if you go with your phone, the phone is following the AP's and working very well

When I go to garden, the connection is following to the WAP AC, but or the connection is lost after a short time or the transfer is stopping after a short time and the connection is not working anymore.
The solution is: disconnect the wifi at the phone and after a while make a new connection at the place of de WAP AC, or change to one of the other SSID's

What could be the reason.
For 4.2 ghz, I use one of the not overlapping channel numbers ( 1-6-11) and also for 5 ghz a different channel nummer in the 5 ghz (AC) range

Please let me know if someone has an idea of have had a equal issue.. and how solved..

Grtz
Peter

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: WAP AC interuption in WiFi connection

Thu May 23, 2024 3:02 pm

You can start debug logging on Wifi to find out the reason. My wAP ac is not working differently form my cAP XL ac's and cAP ac.