Community discussions

MikroTik App

TheEnsona
Topic Author

OSPF Ignoring Link State Acknowledgment..

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:05 pm

I've recently had to swap out a router due to a storm. I have to wireless links coming in and one is working fine. I have internet, customers are up, etc..

The problem I am having though is ospf is running over the shortest link. I'm getting Ignoring Link State Acknowledgment packet: wrong peer state
state=Init

I can disable ospf for that interface and it stops so I know the problem is coming from that link. I have double and triple checked the network i'm routing accross, the interface is set up correctly. I have tried to adjust my cost to make the router go over that link and it won't. Not quite sure what is going on. Could use some help thanks!

petrn
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: OSPF Ignoring Link State Acknowledgment..

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi,

/routing ospf export from both routers might bring some light ...
Hint: routers need to establish neighbor relationship first.

TheEnsona
Topic Author

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Nevemind. I fixed it!
Last edited by TheEnsona on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

petrn
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:26 am

Hi,

and sharing what was wrong would harm?

TheEnsona
Topic Author

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:38 am

We use Trango units for our bigger wireless links. For some reason through cli the trango showed to have the correct default gateway but through the gui it had the wrong one. I was originally doing the troubleshooting from the office so I could only get to the trango unit through telnet on the router. Decided to just go there and hop on the gui. Saw it, changed it, fixed it!

Thanks for the help though!!

blake

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:42 am

We use Trango units for our bigger wireless links. For some reason through cli the trango showed to have the correct default gateway but through the gui it had the wrong one. I was originally doing the troubleshooting from the office so I could only get to the trango unit through telnet on the router. Decided to just go there and hop on the gui. Saw it, changed it, fixed it!

I would like more detail regarding this issue. Would you mind contacting me at the number below? I recently had a similar issue with ROS 5.4 connected to two Trango GigaPlus units. I downgraded to ROS 4.11 and the issue went away. I'm curious what you saw, and how it relates to my situation.

petrn
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:56 pm

Thanks

TheEnsona
Topic Author

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:26 am

I would like more detail regarding this issue. Would you mind contacting me at the number below? I recently had a similar issue with ROS 5.4 connected to two Trango GigaPlus units. I downgraded to ROS 4.11 and the issue went away. I'm curious what you saw, and how it relates to my situation.
Yea..was busy today. I'll try and give ya a call tomorrow.

blake

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:54 am

Hi,

I don't want to be a bother, but do you think you would have time to contact me this evening or next week? Should only be a few minutes. I'm just curious what you were seeing, and what you did to fix it.

Thanks.

TheEnsona
Topic Author

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:51 am

Hi,

I don't want to be a bother, but do you think you would have time to contact me this evening or next week? Should only be a few minutes. I'm just curious what you were seeing, and what you did to fix it.

Thanks.
Yea sorry. Mean to call you the other day, but I had some other issues come up. I'll make note to do it Monday.