Community discussions

MikroTik App

spun
just joined
Topic Author

RB411U + Huawei USB E156G 3g modem

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:48 pm

I am trying to get that modem working on my board, but I can not get the modem to respond on the terminal.

The device is present
[admin@TEST_1] > /system resource usb print 
 # DEVICE VENDOR                                                   NAME                                                 SPEED                                                
 0 2:1                                                             RB400 EHCI                                           480 Mbps                                             
 1 2:3    HUAWEI Technology                                        HUAWEI Mobile                                        480 Mbps                                             
 2 1:1                                                             RB400 OHCI                                           12 Mbps                                              
[admin@TEST_1] >[/code

but when I set baud to 9600 (as most USB modems use that speed) and try to get the answer on the terminal i see nothing:
[code][admin@TEST_1] > /port print                
Flags: I - inactive 
 #   NAME                                                                       CHANNELS USED-BY                                                                    BAUD-RATE
 0   serial0                                                                           1 Serial Console                                                             auto     
 1   usb2                                                                              2                                                                            9600     
[admin@TEST_1] > /port set usb2 baud-rate=9600 
[admin@TEST_1] > /port print
Flags: I - inactive 
 #   NAME                                                                       CHANNELS USED-BY                                                                    BAUD-RATE
 0   serial0                                                                           1 Serial Console                                                             auto     
 1   usb2                                                                              2                                                                            9600     
[admin@TEST_1] > /system serial-terminal usb2 channel=2
failure: no such channel
[admin@TEST_1] > /system serial-terminal usb2 channel=1

[Ctrl-A is the prefix key]
Any ideas?
In the IP config and all of the others I see ether1, wlan and ppp-out1 and ppp-out2, so it seems the modem is present in the system.

I have seen some people like Pilgrim made that config run. I hope you could help me to run it as well.

astiron
just joined

Re: RB411U + Huawei USB E156G 3g modem

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:18 am

Hi spum
Change chanels to 0 /0 uf u pit a USB huawey, or buy a Sierra wireles and insert the SIM in RB, these its ebter than use huawei USB.
Regards

spun
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:57 am

thanks for your reply, but it is spuN, with N at the end.
I made that modem working w/o accessing serial to check if it is present. I will try changing that port to 0/0.

spun
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:51 pm

it is not spum, but spun.
anyways, thanks.
i launched the modem w/o checking it through serial
no problems detected, E156G works out of the box, if anyone cares.