"Inline comments" has brought under the "Settings" tap now. BAD. Now I need two mouse clicks every time again to get my comments 'in line'!
Either make the comment by default 'in line' of bring it back as a single click option/tab.
And yes, as said before;
- Why do have windows in the main window minimum sizes? At times their is so little to show, but you still want to see it amongst other info, you just want the windows as small as you can. As long you can read what you can want it's big enough.
- When will we finally see the option to select which info is shown in windows by default? For instance, opening the registration tab in the wireless tables shows the "AP" column, the "WDS"column, "Last Activity" column amongst others.
But I never need this. I know that a CPE is not an AP, and an AP is an AP. I know I am using WDS. I think 99% of users is not because MT has other, better options. Why do I need to know the 'last activity' of the router?
No, what I want to see is distance, ROS version, last IP, CCQ for instance. Everytime when I open a router I have to set these again. EVERY time because even this new winbox is not saving window settings when working over several different PC's.
- Somebody mentioned the moving of the order of the columns. +1 Yes, that could be handy. If we can already size them, open or close them, why not move them in different order? Like you can in every spreadsheet or database with columns?
- In wireless; Is it not an idea to combine the "Data Rates" and "HT MCS" in one tab? They are basically set both the same time but the settings themselves are spread over two tabs....
- In wireless; Same as above, but now the "Advanced" and "HT" tabs. Both tab window have plenty space left and "HT" can be considered as an 'advanced' setting.
- In wireless; "Tx Power" tab and "Current tX Power" tab could also be brought under one tab "Tx Power"
See, I'm now not only unsolicited beta tester, I am also thinking ahead with you guys! Where can I send the bill!
Show your appreciation of this post by giving me Karma! Thanks.
Rudy R. Puister
WISP operator based on MT routerboard & ROS.