MikroTik App

givemesam
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

VLANs are the enemy of CCRs? CCR 1036 SFP+ 16gb

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:16 pm

I am not sure what section to put this, but in both 6.28, 6.29, and 6.29.1

when adding new vlans, under a bridge, some will work, some will not. I have found the issue to be somewhere with NAT.

Simple explanation:

Added Vlan 30-40. Each has its own DHCP, Pool, Network, Addresses, scr-nat to address for each Lan, some will route some will not. (for example vlan 30-35 had not issues, 36-40 were very wonky)

I have fought with this on a few occasions and always blamed our cisco switches. Again, these 10 vlans were made at the same time, no issues with the networking down the line.

So, finally after about 2 days, 5 hrs a day playing with config, a simple reboot of the CCR fixed everything. Its the head router, and has many many people behind it so naturally this could only happen at some times of day.... I would never blame the CCR, as it didnt do this over the last year when we deployed VLAN 11-30. This year has been different....

Lastly, when debugging within the offenting vlan, i noticed i could ping some internet ips, like 8.8.8.8, but not 4.4.4.4, i could try to ping facebook.com, i would get DNS resolution, but no pings. very random. When i changed src-nat route to another one of our public ips, it stopped being able to ping 8.8.8.8 but I got about 20 seconds of browser usage.

Also, 2 weeks ago, while on 6.29.1, when first putting traffic over a new vlan, the CCR froze. I drove to it across down asap to check on it, and it was totally unresponsive to my ethernet cable. screen showed 0 traffic. Power cycle fixed that. Weary!

Also note: when I tried to use the new released firmware 6.30 2 weeks ago, our router went totally crazy for 2 hours while I tried to find the packages back to 6.29.1. Seemed to was sending all traffic to all Ethernet ports (this should be a different post, but where on earth or the historical packages stored for download? I got it off some cz conglomeration website who had a library for download. wearrrrry.

marrold

Re: VLANs are the enemy of CCRs? CCR 1036 SFP+ 16gb

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:58 pm

How are you adding the VLANs?

givemesam
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: VLANs are the enemy of CCRs? CCR 1036 SFP+ 16gb

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:07 am

How are you adding the VLANs?
I copy an existing VLAN from within winbox and vlan tab, and change all the fields, then press OK on the new one, and cancel on the source. I have also simply pressed + to add a new vlan, to re-create one that is giving me issue.

Both methods didnt solve the issue in real time when trying to get it to work.

(it sometimes says this already exsists, but it does that all over the router when copying things)