MikroTik App

Arcee
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

NV2 TDMA Period Size

Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:33 pm

Question on the subject.

I'm finding that one day a TDMA period size of 3 works best, then the other day it's unstable and I have to switch to... say 2.

My question is, does the 'auto' setting change dynamically with an active link OR does it just find a good setting once and not change even if that TDMA size gets bad the next day? In other words, does it only change the TDMA period size at boot?

nkourtzis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: NV2 TDMA Period Size

Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:25 am

This is a good question. Any info you could share on this, Normis? How does this "auto" feature works anyway?

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:03 pm

In reality I dont see any differences changing TDMA period size, it may only have some minor improvements for a certain part of day

Arcee
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:08 pm

BUMP on original question.

Still not sure on the definition of 'auto'.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:30 pm

I don't know which are the specifics of the auto algorithm, but I'd risk to say auto setting tries to find a balance between throughput and keeping down latency, according to Cell-radius setting, number of connected clients and their distance.

A regular WISP given PTMP scenario shouldn't be that variable as neither AP or stations are moving, so as with everything auto, YMMV...

But, I guess there could be other scenarios where stations are moving, or even stations and AP are moving, or abrupt climate changes impacting on signal propagation where this setting may be of help.