MikroTik App

spaxton
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

USB controller mode

Tue May 24, 2016 7:57 am

Hi friends,

Recently I tried one of my new 4 Port quad core x86 systems but it seems that USB isn't recognized. ROS doesn't see USB controller at all. I tried changing some options in BIOS (EHCI, XHCI...) but no change. I used some old disk with ROS and the version is 5.4 or so, I don't know exactly. Can anyone tell me is it possible that ROS doesn't recognize USB controller?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 24, 2016 8:05 am

Everything is possible. Just try more recent version to see. And put there some usb flash you positively know it works in some ros running device.

spaxton
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re:

Tue May 24, 2016 8:09 am

I have tried with USB keyboard. It doesn't wotk in ROS whatever I do... You think it will work with version 6.35? The disk with 5.4 I have is with L4 licence and if I update I'm afrad the license will be lost. I'll try with new version in demo mode.

Thanks.
Everything is possible. Just try more recent version to see. And put there some usb flash you positively know it works in some ros running device.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: USB controller mode

Wed May 25, 2016 10:10 am

Keyboard? I have never seen any reason for it. There are flashdisks or modems usually connected to the usb. You dont need any keyboard to be attached because you can always connect via network to the ros.

Update from 5 to 6 has no impact on license. Actually, license is lifetime allowing unlimited update until the software stays compatible with the hardware. If you are afraid, just export the license file before update to be able import it back in case of any damage.

spaxton
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: USB controller mode

Thu May 26, 2016 10:53 am

Ok, thanks for reply. keyboard was used only to test if USB works... If it is going to be recognized.

Keyboard? I have never seen any reason for it. There are flashdisks or modems usually connected to the usb. You dont need any keyboard to be attached because you can always connect via network to the ros.

Update from 5 to 6 has no impact on license. Actually, license is lifetime allowing unlimited update until the software stays compatible with the hardware. If you are afraid, just export the license file before update to be able import it back in case of any damage.