Community discussions

MikroTik App

Gabool
just joined
Topic Author

3 Routers 1 SSID

Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:35 am

Hello,

We have three rb951g-2hnd with routeros on them. We get fiber to premise so we have an outdoor ont that has an ethernet cord coming into the house.
The previous person to set-up the network did ONT > switch > all three ap's. We have upgraded since and have had weird issues like wired connections working, but wireless not working.

With the upgrade came about many issues, but I'll get to those. First I will describe the setup we currently have.

ONT to Router 1
Router 1 to switch
Switch to Router 2 and 3
Router 3 to switch with cables going to every room.

Router 1 works without a hitch, and anything, except router 2 and 3, that is directly connected works perfectly fine.

What I need to happen is have Router 2 and 3 connect to this switch and have internet that works. I checked the cables, they are fine. It is an issue with the routers not connecting to the internet.

They either give invalid ip configuration or dns server error.

Best case for me would be to keep everything connected and to have one ssid across all three routers.

Please help.

Rudios
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: 3 Routers 1 SSID

Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:45 am

Please share your configurations, that will make it more easy to help you out.

busla
just joined

Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:45 pm

As I understand, you want use routers 2 and 3 as transparent access pionts.

easiest way:
Turn off DHCP-server on routers 2 and 3.
Use bridged port (not 1st in default configuration) for connection.

But CAPsMAN is more effective.

ekpesinyang
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:08 pm

Bridge all Lan port on router 2 and 3. connect the router 2 and 3 to either port 2,3,4 on router 1. Also drop the cable on port 2 on Router 2 and also on port 3 on router 3. Also you Can try capsman configuration for the wireless configuration based on the SSID you wanted to achieve.
Hello,

We have three rb951g-2hnd with routeros on them. We get fiber to premise so we have an outdoor ont that has an ethernet cord coming into the house.
The previous person to set-up the network did ONT > switch > all three ap's. We have upgraded since and have had weird issues like wired connections working, but wireless not working.

With the upgrade came about many issues, but I'll get to those. First I will describe the setup we currently have.

ONT to Router 1
Router 1 to switch
Switch to Router 2 and 3
Router 3 to switch with cables going to every room.

Router 1 works without a hitch, and anything, except router 2 and 3, that is directly connected works perfectly fine.

What I need to happen is have Router 2 and 3 connect to this switch and have internet that works. I checked the cables, they are fine. It is an issue with the routers not connecting to the internet.

They either give invalid ip configuration or dns server error.

Best case for me would be to keep everything connected and to have one ssid across all three routers.

Please help.

Gabool
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:35 pm

As a lot of this is Greek to me (I just don't know all the terms) I did get it working. I put the routers is wisp ap, the main router I checked the router box, and for the other two routers I checked bridge and everything worked. Thank you guys for your help.

ekpesinyang
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:56 pm

That's the same thing we discussed. all the same. Good Luck.
As a lot of this is Greek to me (I just don't know all the terms) I did get it working. I put the routers is wisp ap, the main router I checked the router box, and for the other two routers I checked bridge and everything worked. Thank you guys for your help.

Gabool
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:28 pm

That's great!

What would be something you guys recommend to learn the meanings of the various terms?
Seeing as this stuff is interesting I would love to learn more about it, just don't really know where to begin.

ekpesinyang
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:25 pm

Please go to www.wiki.mikrotik.com you can further by getting train by a trainer. You can also try to visit the forum and contribute and also learn from here.
That's great!

What would be something you guys recommend to learn the meanings of the various terms?
Seeing as this stuff is interesting I would love to learn more about it, just don't really know where to begin.

JB172

Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:18 am