Community discussions

MikroTik App

blinux
just joined
Topic Author

Switch Chip VLANS with Wireless Interfaces

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:18 pm

I have a hAP ac connected to a RB750Gr3. I'm using the hAP ac as a switch and AP. All ethernet ports and wlans are on a single bridge. On the RB750Gr3 I have three vlans and untagged traffic. The hAP ac is connected to the RB750Gr3 receiving tagged and untagged traffic. On the hAP ac I configured virtual wlans with vlan tagging and that is working.

I wanted to configure two of the hAP ac ethernet ports to be part of a vlan. I used a switch chip vlan configuration. That is working as well except for ethernet to wlan connectivity.

The clients on the ethernet ports bound to the vlan can access other clients on the vlan connected to the RB750Gr3 and clients on the hAP ac connected via vlan bound ethernet ports, but cannot reach clients connected to the hAP ac via the virtual wlan with vlan tagging. Clients on the virtual wlan with vlan tagging are part of the vlan and can connect to clients on the RB750Gr3 and other wlan clients, but not to hAP ac clients on the vlan bound ethernet ports.

Any suggestions as to how I can establish connectivity on the hAP ac between the vlan bound ethernet ports and the virtual WLAN with vlan tagging?
# oct/13/2017 13:00:30 by RouterOS 6.39.1
#
/interface ethernet switch port
set 1 default-vlan-id=99 vlan-mode=secure
set 2 default-vlan-id=100 vlan-header=always-strip vlan-mode=secure
set 3 default-vlan-id=100 vlan-header=always-strip vlan-mode=secure
/interface ethernet switch vlan
add independent-learning=yes ports=switch1-cpu,ether1,ether2-master,ether3,ether4,ether5 switch=switch1 vlan-id=100
add independent-learning=yes ports=switch1-cpu,ether1,ether2-master,ether5 switch=switch1 vlan-id=200
add independent-learning=yes ports=switch1-cpu,ether1,ether2-master,ether5 switch=switch1 vlan-id=300
add independent-learning=yes ports=switch1-cpu,ether1,ether2-master,ether5 switch=switch1 vlan-id=900
add independent-learning=yes ports=switch1-cpu,ether1,ether2-master,ether3,ether4,ether5 switch=switch1 vlan-id=99

# oct/13/2017 13:03:16 by RouterOS 6.39.1
#
/interface wireless
add disabled=no mac-address=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX master-interface=wlan1 name=guest2g security-profile=guest-lan-wsec ssid=guest vlan-id=\
    100 vlan-mode=use-tag
add disabled=no mac-address=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX master-interface=wlan2 name=guest5g security-profile=guest-lan-wsec ssid=guest vlan-id=\
    100 vlan-mode=use-tag

becs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Switch Chip VLANS with Wireless Interfaces

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Hello, You may find useful "VLANs on Wireless" configuration examples from wiki to achieve what you need.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:VLANs_on_Wireless