Community discussions

MikroTik App

markielawrence
just joined
Topic Author

Multiple routers User Manager signup

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi

We currently have multiple Mikrotik routers RB3011, 2x R)B2011, RB1200 on a number of external campsites.that currently users are added manually to hotspot as MAC authenticated.

We now need to setup so that each campsite can signup using paypal. It would be preferable to have one signon Mikrotik so that users can move from one campsite to another without having to signup again.. I have setup paypal connection on our main site on a test Mirktoik and it seems to work.

I can see that i can add other routers to User Manager, What else do I need to do to make the authentication work at each campsite?

I would like to allow users to signup using the signup form when they arrive on site. I have tried to put a URL "http://172.16.16.1/user/signup" (where 172.16.16.1 is the users side DG) to the signup page on the Hotspot page but page is not found when the linked is clicked. I have tried to add the URL to the walled garden but it is not available.

Also if i am going to add this URL to all the external routers is this going to work?

If anyone has a youtube clip or website that explains what to do that would be great.

Many thanks

Mark

markielawrence
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Multiple routers User Manager signup

Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:27 pm

I have managed to get the sign URL working (an issue with double NATing)

The next issue is with connected an external RB2011 R2 to utilise the Radius server of the main Mikrotik R1 with User Manager installed. I have added R2 external ip address in the User Manager routers section on R1 and put the same shared secret into R2 hotspot radius service with the external ip address of R1. When the user tried to login to the local R2 hotspot it comes up with RADIUS server is not responding. Do I need to configure ports (1812,1813, and 1700) on both firewalls? Whats does CoA checkbox actually do?

Issue 2:- When the user signs up they do not get a email. They get one from Paypal. Email is setup in Tools->email and works to a test email address

Question:- Does the user have the ability to reset their own password if they have forgotten it?

Thanks

Mark

markielawrence
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Multiple routers User Manager signup

Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:13 pm

I have added firewall rules inputs and outputs on both Mikrotiks for the external addresses on ports 1700, 1812 & 1813 but still get the same error. Am I doing something wrong?. DO I need to setup a VPN between the 2 mikrotiks? Seems to be lots of info about radius authentication on the same LAN or having to radius servers on one Mikrotik. I have yet to discover, and it is not for the want of trying to authenticate to one central radius server on a Mikrotik. This is what I want to achieve in the attached picture unless there is a better way of doing it?
I am a bit up against it in terms of getting this working before the end of January so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark
Marden Brierley Radius.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.