Community discussions

MikroTik App

ddejager
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wi-Fi mac auth produces no valid profile error

Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:03 pm

I have set up user manager on a routerboard and on a separate mAP confgured the wireless AP as described in https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Man ... ss_Example

Attempts to connect to the AP from a PC that has it's mac address listed as a valid user in user manager produce a user manager log with an error that says "No valid profile for user <mac address>"

The example cited above gives no instructions for creating a profile. Even if I do create a profile that has no restrictions and assign it to the <mac address> user, I get the same error.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get user manager to authorize a list of mac addresses on a mikrotik AP? I do not want to use hotspot, just simple mac-radius authentication for wireless users.

ddejager
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Wi-Fi mac auth produces no valid profile error

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:44 pm

I'll answer my own question for the benefit of others. It turns out that the cited documentation is insufficient. Before creating any users in user manager I found that I first needed to create a profile (with all the defaults). Then users can be created and they will pick up the profile. If users are created before profiles are created, they do not work, even if profiles are added later.

serafin

Re: Wi-Fi mac auth produces no valid profile error

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 am

thanks for this post, it works for me as well this way.

Where to report gap in wiki?

S.