Community discussions

MikroTik App

mcedeno
just joined
Topic Author

Uptime Limit changed after 'Rebuild' command in User Manager

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:32 am

I just like to share my experience yesterday after using the 'Rebuild' database command in User Manager. (Mikrotik RB951Ui-2HnD with ROs version 6.42.1)

Here's what happended: 1. Removed all used accounts (900+), 2. Clean all logs, 3. 'Rebuild' database

Afterwards, all users with vouchers that should have an uptime limit of 3 hours complained that their tickets only lasted 1 hour. I checked the actual daily user report and verified that it was true. Opened user manager, and saw that all unused accounts (600+) has the correct profile but incorrect uptime limits (i.e. 1 hour instead of 3 hours). Tried to correct it by removing the assigned profile and reassigning the same profile with supposedly 3 hours uptime limit. However, the uptime limit remained at 1 hour.

Next, selected 'Profiles' and removed the profile limitation and reassigned the same profile limitation. After this, returned to 'Users', removed the assigned profile and reassigned the same profile. Now it works! The uptime limit is already correct - 3 hours!

Just imagine doing this process for the 600 plus accounts while remotely connected to a computer (in Cebu) using Teamviewer. Took us 2 hours to complete! Thanks to my daughter who assisted me during the troubleshooting.

Note that I did not realized that the 'Rebuild' command has caused us all this trouble until this morning when I used the same command 'Rebuild' Usermanager database to one of my routers here! The exact same thing happened again. All users with 5 hours uptime limit (different profile) have only 3 hours uptime limit this time! I thought that I do not like to do the same manual process so I decided to reboot the router before doing anything.. Lo and behold, the correct uptime limit were restored to all users!

Question: 1. When do I need to use 'Rebuild' database? After erasing users? Whenever I add new users? . 2. Is it really needed to reboot after rebuild?

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Uptime Limit changed after 'Rebuild' command in User Manager

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:03 pm

When do I need to use 'Rebuild' database? After erasing users? Whenever I add new users? . 2. Is it really needed to reboot after rebuild?
Interesting question indeed...