Community discussions

MikroTik App

Stryker777
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Winbox data

Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:32 pm

Seems the last couple versions do not show all of the data in winbox (now using 3.10B). Here is what we have and what is happening.
We have about 30 vlans with pppoe servers on them. There are about 700 pppoe users. The machine is a dual core box with 2 gigs of ram and 8 interfaces.

The router is running fine but when you open winbox and click on interfaces, vlans, or pppoe-servers it does not show anything. I can view the data in a terminal fine but winbox shows nothing. If a user disconnects then reconnects while I have winbox open, then they will show in the interfaces list.

Processor usage is around 14% and it is routing fine and terminal commands work fine and fast. Just seems to be a winbox issue. Oh, I am also on linux 2.6 kernel with wine.

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Winbox data

Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:27 pm

80% of the time my winbox tables are empty. Reboots don't seem to fix it either... i just sometimes get lucky and it works correctly. It's fine in CLI, sometime to do with winbox not wanting to download the data from the router properly. Things then show up as 'unknown' when they reference sometime in winbox that's missing.

Stryker777
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:15 am

Think there will be a fix to it any time soon? 2.9.44 worked great with winbox it was only when I went to beta I noticed it. Not a big deal since the terminal still works for me but winbox is a big sales point when recommending things to people.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:11 pm

could you give as to that router so we could check why this is happening?
Please contact the support@mikrotik.com