Community discussions

MikroTik App

MenolKaton
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition

Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:41 pm

Hello. I accidentally broke The Dude - I don’t understand how to bring it back to life.

There is MikroTik RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition, the latest firmware is 6.47.1. An SSD drive is installed inside, The DUDE Server is installed on it. Everything was set up and worked.
Remote Mikrotik such as: Mikrotik hAP ac lite, MikroTik cAP ac, etc.

The DUDE client (in which I draw a map) is on a Windows computer, the map is drawn, everything is beautiful, the speeds are displayed perfectly, everything is clear.
But I decided to "improve", added a remote MikroTik cAP ac to the map, wanted to use it as an agent for RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition, and collect information with it.

"3.1.3 Configuring Agents
In the “Agents” tab, agents are selected through which devices will be polled. Since this section of the menu performs the default configuration for devices, configuring the agent in this section is only expedient for a scheme where most network devices are accessible through an agent device. "

In the Server Configuration menu in the Default field instead of the word server chose MikroTik cAP ac. And I immediately lost access to the microtik RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition - I connect to it from the remote Mikrotik cAP ac.

I connected via the backup channel, uploaded yesterday's backup, and thought that TheDude would also roll back. The microtic itself and the network worked fine again, but The Dude now shows the card in red, it is clear that there is no connection with the devices.
In the Server Configuration menu, returned the word server in the Default field. However, the card with devices remains red.
Something is interfering with receiving data.

Please advise what could be reconfigured due to one wrong click in the Windows client? In which menu should I look to register the correct IP and names of the main agent - MikroTik RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition?

inteq

Re: MikroTik RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition

Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:39 pm

Winbox/Dude/Services
Double click on your RB1100AHx4 DE and change the agent

MenolKaton
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:44 pm

Thanks!

LeanBstroin
just joined

Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:40 pm

I had a similar situation. It was hard to fix it, but finally I have changed the agent, and it worked