Community discussions

MikroTik App

FloLau
just joined
Topic Author

The Dude - Winbox

Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Hey,

i have a CHR and there are site-to-site VPN. i can ping all AccessPoints in the other system from the CHR.

I want to remote access all AccessPoints and Routerboards via winbox over the Dude. But it doesn't work.

Can you help me?

kind regards

Flo

szymonzdziabek
just joined

Re: The Dude - Winbox

Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:17 pm

So you have VPN connected other routers and APs to your router, right? Which VPN protocol is it? Have you set up other than default WinBox port?

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: The Dude - Winbox

Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:38 pm

I want to remote access all AccessPoints and Routerboards via winbox over the Dude.
What do you mean with "over the Dude"? AFAIK DUDE has no access forwarding for Winbox as part of its functions.
Some tools use the DUDE RouterOS as source, like Ping, Traceroute, Snmpwalk, Terminal, Torch. ("Remote Connection" even uses the target RouterOS as source.)
However Telnet, FTP, Web and Dude use your Local client. So would WinBOX. You need a direct connection to the destination to connect to the service on the target Routerboard.

To connect WinBOX to a routerboard via another RouterOS, there is RoMon (that must be enabled on that RouterOS and on the destination, and client must connect to RoMon of the intermediate RouterOS)
For WEB (and FTP?) access, defining the WEBproxy would be the forwarding tool.