MikroTik App

tomasi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Dude Telegram Notification By Device Type

Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:17 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to generate notifications by Device Type? Example: enable Telegram notification only in Windows Computers group or DNS Servers group?

I searched in the wiki, in the forum and inside Dude options but didn't find how to accomplish that.

Telegram integration is working perfectly, but I need to set only some devices with high priority (based on Device Type) to trigger alerts to telegram

If I go to Dude Settings > Polling > Telegram (enable) all of my ~1.200 devices will be generating notifications.
If I choose to enable the notification device by device it'll be a tiring task.

Thanks!

skoenman

Re: Dude Telegram Notification By Device Type

Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:32 pm

Hey man you can just make multiple telegram scripts and then just apply them to the devices you want.. so windows devices will have there own bot and so will linux ..

tomasi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Dude Telegram Notification By Device Type

Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:40 pm

That's the idea:

Dedicate one or more Telegram Bot to send notifications related only to High Priority Devices (as you said, Windows and Linux Servers as an example)

My issue is that I didn't find way to assign a custom notification (Telegram Bot) to a group instead of device by device

I would like to choose a device type group ("Windows Computer", for example) and assign the Telegram notification to it

Something like this:
mikrotik dude telegram notification by device group.png

But this option from image don't exist, it's only an example

Till now, the options I found were: enable telegram notification globally or device by device
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.