Community discussions

MikroTik App

Zaphod
just joined
Topic Author

Background Image

Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:36 am

I am running The Dude Server on a RB3011.

I can drag and drop an image file to the file List window in Winbox into disk1. The file never shows up in the client. I can not move the file to disk1/files/default/images, I get an error message "Couldn't change File <disk1/file name.jpg> - action failed (6).

Please, how do I add image files so I can use then in the Dude.

Also what file formats are allowed? What is the Max file size. any other constraints.

Thanks

narellano
just joined

Re: Background Image

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:14 pm

All of the files located in "/disk1/files/default/*" are read only. You won't be able to FTP a file into that directory. You should just make a new folder like "/disk1/files/images" and place all of your images in there. The Dude will be able to then use the images.

You can FTP any image type and I'm assuming most common image types are supported. I don't believe their is a file size restriction so anything smaller than your available space would do. I do believe that the large the image is, the longer it will take to load onto the user interface.

chimaster
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:04 am

Hi All,

I'm unable to reliably get Background images to display.

I uploaded one via Winbox using upload on files and it displayed, I tried with another on FTP and had not joy, so I deleted it and uploaded via Winbox and still no joy.

I read in the instrucitons that you can restart the Dude service (I guess to make an index of file changes?) but still no joy. I wonder if we've hit some sort of limit with about 400 Background images. Or if ít's just being fussy.

We have been using dude/files/site maps/site - site namp.jpg Which was good initially, but it stopped after sometime, now we upload into dude/files/site - sitename.jpg, which was working, but now it seems to of stopped.

So... hard fast rules on background images beyond the Wiki or anything else?

If I put a file up this way to this directory with this naming convention it will work under these circumstances.. then we can rinse and repeat, at the moment we're show stopping on a background image and it sucks.

Or... Google maps integration? :-) nudge nudge

alfred998
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:27 pm

I've placed several images in disk1/dude/files, and although they appear when connecting to dude with a full user, a read user cannot view them on the map. Actually i think the read user cannot view any images

eroberts9
just joined

Sun May 17, 2020 1:06 am

This an old thread but I found this thread trying to upload images for my Dude Server on running on Windows.
No matter what I tried I could not upload images of any file size or type.

Open that image in plain old Microsoft paint and save it, then any image uploads with no issue.
Who knows why, it just works.

kniksc
just joined

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:45 pm

Hi,

I know it's old and I'm sorry for diging out, but "pay attention to the extension"
.JPG is unknown type but .jpg is image for DUDE ;-)