Community discussions

MikroTik App

alescri
just joined
Topic Author

problem with dude , RouterOS status connection time out (6)

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:20 pm

hello, i'm beginner ,
any one can help me with this error?
i can't find a solution thx
RouterOS status connection time out (6)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mikhail73
just joined

Re: problem with dude , RouterOS status connection time out (6)

Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Same problem. 6.42.10. Dude connects to any Mikrotik device, except itself.

iperezandres
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:32 am

It's been two years since this post and I have just encountered the same problem. My RouterOs status always times-out. The Dude is in a virtual Mikrotik and my devices are satellite terminals (high latency might be a factor?).

szymonzdziabek
just joined

Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:05 pm

Guys, I think I've cut my teeth on a couple of the Dude issues and that one also I've noticed. Are you running your routers on a default WinBox port? Is this direct connection or some kind of VPN? Could you paste your firewall settings?

skullzaflare

Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:49 am

The timeouts can occur if DUDE server VS routers rOS is to far apart (if it caught one of the big updates like 6.46.3 to 6.46.4 breaks it)
Can also be permissions or IP>Services allowed IP's (of course winbox port follows that too)

Elieser21
just joined

Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:41 pm

Hello, the same thing happens to me and I am connected to the RB through a VPN, I receive all the snmp and log data but the connection through port 8291 does not work, it says Timeout, but I noticed something in my log while trying to connect, I attach a photo

My mikrotik are connected to satellite services, the best latency is between 700 and 1000ms, and the but is between 1500 and 3000ms.

I don't think it is due to latency because it does loggin and then logout ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

iperezandres
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:31 am

Hello, the same thing happens to me and I am connected to the RB through a VPN, I receive all the snmp and log data but the connection through port 8291 does not work, it says Timeout, but I noticed something in my log while trying to connect, I attach a photo

My mikrotik are connected to satellite services, the best latency is between 700 and 1000ms, and the but is between 1500 and 3000ms.

I don't think it is due to latency because it does loggin and then logout ...
As winbox connection seems to work just fine, even under high latency connections, then it must be something specific to the Dude client, right? The thing is that the other Dude functionalities work fine, in my exprience the only issue is when the Dude tries to obtain the information related to the remote RouterOs version.

iperezandres
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:15 pm

Is there any specific timeout for RouterOs query? The other functionalities of the Dude work fine under high latency (satellite), only RouterOS query seems to fail.

Elieser21
just joined

Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:54 am

Is there any specific timeout for RouterOs query? The other functionalities of the Dude work fine under high latency (satellite), only RouterOS query seems to fail.
Hello Sir, I am an inmarsat certified engineer and I have been integrating mikrotik in this type of networks for a long time, the problem you present is due to latency, I do not know in which band you are using the terminals but so far the Ku-Ka band is the one that offers in lower ping, between 600 and 800ms and I can assure you that not even with that ping you will be able to integrate RouterOs in the Dude, you will have to opt for SNMP, good luck

iperezandres
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:27 am

Hello Sir, I am an inmarsat certified engineer and I have been integrating mikrotik in this type of networks for a long time, the problem you present is due to latency, I do not know in which band you are using the terminals but so far the Ku-Ka band is the one that offers in lower ping, between 600 and 800ms and I can assure you that not even with that ping you will be able to integrate RouterOs in the Dude, you will have to opt for SNMP, good luck
That is very interesting. I am using maritime IGX (ka band) with latencies aroung 1 sec. But the thing is that I am also using ka band in ground terminals and RouterOs in the Dude works just fine... Fair to say that in this case the latency is lower, 600 ms aprox.

And why only RouterOS fails and not the other probes in the Dude?

Elieser21
just joined

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:46 pm

That is very interesting. I am using maritime IGX (ka band) with latencies aroung 1 sec. But the thing is that I am also using ka band in ground terminals and RouterOs in the Dude works just fine... Fair to say that in this case the latency is lower, 600 ms aprox.

They are my guesses but it could be said that as it is based on a connection of the RouterOS operating system, perhaps it requires a certain degree of latency to be able to function in its own way, I will tell you this because in satellite terminals when you use mikrotik and try to ping from new terminal It will show you a time out and it is not because you do not have ping but because the latency is very high and does not adjust to the system parameters, perhaps the link by Dude in RouterOS works in the same way.

I hope I have explained myself well.

iperezandres
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:51 pm

They are my guesses but it could be said that as it is based on a connection of the RouterOS operating system, perhaps it requires a certain degree of latency to be able to function in its own way, I will tell you this because in satellite terminals when you use mikrotik and try to ping from new terminal It will show you a time out and it is not because you do not have ping but because the latency is very high and does not adjust to the system parameters, perhaps the link by Dude in RouterOS works in the same way.

I hope I have explained myself well.
Yes, perfectly clear, thanks!

I had the same doubt about latency, so unless someone from Mikrotik says otherwise, it is the only possible explanation we have though of: high latency links (around 1 sec or so), affects the RouterOS communication in the Dude context.