Community discussions

MikroTik App

gigatik
just joined
Topic Author

The Dude: Automatically download extra packages

Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:20 am

Hello,

i have a couple of Mikrotik devices and updated them so far always separately with a small script in the schedule.
Now i found this script for the dude server, where i can download automatically the packages onto the dude server:
https://open-it.com.au/automatically-do ... ages-dude/

The problem is, that only the main packages are downloaded and not the extra packages since they are in a .zip file.
Is there a possibility to somehow fetch those .zip files, download and unzip them on the dude?

Can Mikrotik implement maybe a feature where the dude automatically downloads the necessary packages for all devices?
Or can someone please help me create a script just like in the link above?
The possibility to select with the right click submenu update & force update is very nice.
Is it possible to group here the packages into stable, testing, and long-term? With this auto-downloading tool there are a ton of packages in that menu.
update --> stable --> 6.48.2
--> testing -->6.49.beta46
6.49.beta22

Currently i have many devices in a row. So i can not really update all at the same time due to network downtime.
I would really appreciate, if there is somehow a option or a script to only download the packages to a device and install it with a separate button/script. Just like in Winbox.

I know this is a lot of questions and wishes, but I really hope you can help me.

thanks