Community discussions

MikroTik App

lucas30
just joined
Topic Author

swOS on css326 lag not working

Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:37 pm

Hello, after a lot of searching I have not been able to find any solution to my problem so here am I.

So I recently bought a mikrotik css325 and one of the things I wanted to do with it was some link aggregation. Unfortunetly, after many attempts I was not able to make it work.
I was trying to create a lacp group with my truenas server (both support the 802.3ad spec, nic is a dell x3959) and the link would go up and seamed to work but as soon a new devices was connected to the switch, the entire switch would get flooded by unkown traffic and every device on my network lost connection. I tried every option there is both on the mikrotik side and the truenas side but was never able to get it to work.

I also tried to get a static lag up with an unmaneged switch without any success but I don't know if this is actually supported so yup.

In hope that anyone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: swOS on css326 lag not working

Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:45 am

With no other details, my first guess is that you are creating a loop that is not configured properly for a LAG on one end or the other. At least until you get the LAG working, enable RSTP so that at the least the loop will be killed quickly.
I can tell you that LAG does work on the CSS326 (I have done it between two CSS326 switches).

mattlach
just joined

Re: swOS on css326 lag not working

Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:12 am

With no other details, my first guess is that you are creating a loop that is not configured properly for a LAG on one end or the other. At least until you get the LAG working, enable RSTP so that at the least the loop will be killed quickly.
I can tell you that LAG does work on the CSS326 (I have done it between two CSS326 switches).
Can you share how you configured this?

The documentation is pretty sparse for SwOS. I thought I had it working, only to find it randomly stopped working, and resulted in a nasty loop, per my thread here.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have, or even just a screenshot of your LAG config page.

Thank you!

--Matt