Community discussions

MikroTik App

szymonzdziabek
just joined
Topic Author

The Dude + VPN

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:34 pm

Hello,
My network is using several dozen of routers connected with the main one using IPSec site2site. Could I monitor the state of those routers and hosts behind them from the Dude that is running on the main router? Addressing of the subsequent local networks is 192.168.X.0/24.

kenjix
just joined

Re: The Dude + VPN

Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:32 am

If I'm not mistaken you can, but your Dude needs to be connected to those routers and then when you add the device (host) use the distant router as an agent.

szymonzdziabek
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:15 pm

I've solved the problem already :). It was due to the lack of one entry in the routing table on remote routers. I analyzed the packet flow diagram and I came to the conclusion that packets generated by router itself firstly are going to the routing decision block and not reach IPsec policy block because of the source address from WAN, not LAN.

serg8899
just joined

Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:44 pm

I've solved the problem already :). It was due to the lack of one entry in the routing table on remote routers. I analyzed the packet flow diagram and I came to the conclusion that packets generated by router itself firstly are going to the routing decision block and not reach IPsec policy block because of the source address from WAN, not LAN.
Hi
I have same problem. Can you explain how to resolve routing?