Community discussions

MikroTik App

soscoolspot
just joined
Topic Author

PayPal Security Prompt Mikrotik hotspot

Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:49 pm

Hi everyone,
New to the forum, hoping to catch some help from anyone who has dealt with this issue before.
I am looking after ~30 hotspot networks (in various locations), they all use PayPal to get payment.

Everything has been working just fine since the last Mikrotik update (6.48.4) and before that it was working for years until just a few days ago I noticed all payment status in userman showed "Timeout" for PayPal.

When I made a test payment off site (/user/signup) everything works and I noticed payment showed status approved in userman.
BUT
After some investigation I noticed that the issue is caused by a reCaptcha /Security prompt displayed on PayPal checkout when the user trying to buy access (mostly on mobile)
PayPal shows their logo and and an infinitely loading spinner but no checkbox/captcha so the user isn't able to complete their payment and the transaction shows as time out in userman payment status.

Could someone share any tips for solving this?

welcoms
just joined

Re: PayPal Security Prompt Mikrotik hotspot

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:22 am

#Edit

Posted again as first post was pending moderation.
Last edited by welcoms on Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tdw
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:50 am

AFAIK the new PayPal reCaptcha system uses some additional domains which need adding to the walled garden whitelist, not sure what they are offhand but you should be able to find them from DNS lookups or the web page source.

soscoolspot
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:08 am

Thank you soo much for the reply,
I added everything I could find to the walled garden list but it seems to still occur.

I believe the captcha is meant to be executed via paypalobjects (which is in walled garden already).

welcoms
just joined

Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:27 pm

Hi,

I've seen the same thing over the last few days, after turning on debug tools in a web browser I found the following two domains that need to be allowed in Walled Garden:

/ip hotspot walled-garden
add dst-host=*.recaptcha.net*
add dst-host=*arkoselabs.com*

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Dean

soscoolspot
just joined
Topic Author

Re: PayPal Security Prompt Mikrotik hotspot  [SOLVED]

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:44 pm

Hi,

I've seen the same thing over the last few days, after turning on debug tools in a web browser I found the following two domains that need to be allowed in Walled Garden:

/ip hotspot walled-garden
add dst-host=*.recaptcha.net*
add dst-host=*arkoselabs.com*

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Dean
Hey Dean,
Thanks for the reply - I added recaptcha.net + *arkoselabs.com* in the end also adding *.gstatic.com solved the issue.

You guys are great! Thanks so much