Community discussions

MikroTik App

GiovanniG
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Is 6.49 buggy?

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:46 pm

Hi, I've a RB750Gr3 as central router with two RBD52G-5HacD2HnD and one RouterBOARD wAP 2nD r2, all with 6.49, updated yesterday.
ON Capsman I've configured stricted access list, as the AP are in one case near, I would like to kick the devices which are connected to farest ap to make them join nearest. Unfortunately some termostats aren't that smart, and keep connecting to the same AP, so I had some entries in log.. but not that many to create a crash (maybe every 30-60 seconds). The client called me as he couldn't see more TV, TV is connected by ethernet, I was in metro without PC but I tried to figure out byt Mikrotik app on my phone. I adviced in log many entries about link up/down (repeat with different LAN port entry every about 3/5 seconds) on clients ethernet ports (not eth1, which anyway is on the same bridge, it's connected to the gateway router, that has fiber optic WAN). The problem solved by a software reboot, I couldn't spent too much tme trying to understand what was going on, but I can see I haven't seen big load CPU (was around 0), no RAM overload (217.4 MiB Free), no other entry errors. That's very strange behaviour, it got completely crazy, on other routers I haven't up/downs in log! The interface so was physically up..
I've tuned the access list values lower, but sincerely I'm afraid of this release, the client may think I'm not competent and I'm creating him troubles just because I'm not professional, I want to avoid such thoughts.

Now can I upload 6.48.5 (simply upload it (drag and drop) to File and reboot, without loosing any setting saved under 6.49? Shoudl I start from AP and last the Capsman?
Thank you

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Is 6.49 buggy?

Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:19 pm

To downgrade you have to also use the downgrade button...I think that is under system - packages.

First make an export and a backup and store those files on a other device.
Loving my freedom and so, no Twitter, no Facebook/Instagram/WhatsApp, no Apple and no Google/Alphabet, no Amazon/Cloudfront/AWS. However, 'happy' with giving money to Italy.

Running:
RouterOS 7RC4 and 6.49RC / Winbox 3.31 64bits

GiovanniG
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:01 pm

Downgrade is not dangerous? Can I do it remotely? Router are located 200km far away.. I'm not sure to take this risk.
Which one is needed to downgrade as first? AP or the Capsman?
I hope you noted my issue, hopefully will be fixed on next releases
Thank you

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:22 pm

A downgrade usually proceeds without issues but of course to do that you need to have remote access and when you have that without having an explicit VPN configured, you likely have lots of other issues...

Guscht
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:06 pm

A downgrade from 6.49 tp 6.48.4 performs without issues.
Make sure you will loose connectivity for a short period and the router hast to re-esablish to connection by itself.

GiovanniG
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:55 am

thank you!