MikroTik App

edgars04
just joined
Topic Author

Bonding | Management Radios

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:15 am

Good Day,

Greetings to all!!!

I am carrying out an implementation in the network to expand the connection capacity of a node, I do not currently have the resources to make a connection via fiber optics between the 2 nodes and the solution that I can currently implement is by placing 2 micro-wave links between the nodes and with This managed to increase the capacity of the traffic to the node I need.

Starting from this, I carry out the bonding including the 2 corresponding interfaces where the microwave links connect, in balance mode rr, link monitor mii, Transmit Hash policy layer 2 and 3.

I assign IP addressing with / 30 mask on the bonding interfaces, and communication is established successfully, I establish OSPF adjacency and it is established correctly.

Traffic begins to flow correctly, balancing between both interfaces accordingly, the browsing experience improves for customers as capacity is increased.

The problem that I present is for the management of the radios. The 4 radios are in the same network segment / 29 in which the gateway is configured in the router closest to the control center, however the management of the radios is impossible since the loss of packets to the radios is significantly high, I have carried out tests changing the bonding parameters but I still cannot have a stable management of the radios.

If someone from the community can give me advice for the management problem presented, it would be useful.

Thank you all.

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Bonding | Management Radios

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:54 am

Place either the transit or management on a separate vlan so their packets aren't captured in the bonding interface, but rather processed on the separate sub-if.