Community discussions

MikroTik App

divB
Topic Author

How can I leak my routes from main table into another (VRF?) table?

Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:15 am

What am I doing wrong?

I have a normal main routing table:

This table contains (a) dynamic routes from all kinds of connected interfaces, (b) static routes, (c) will soon include OSPF or BGP routes. It also includes a default gateway. What I want to achieve is to create an identical routing table with everything the same but the default route (or, overriding the default route).

I create a new VRF "test":

Now, according to the very sparse Mikrotik documentation, I can use "local BGP" to leak my routes from the main table to "test". I first create a local BGP instance called "local" with private AS65530. I specify main routing table and specify an out filter:

Next, I create another instance, this time in VRF, specifying routing mark "test" and in filter "connected-in", the same as for out of the main table:

At this point I feel all the (connected) routes from main should pop up in "test". But nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

uCZBpmK6pwoZg7LR
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: How can I leak my routes from main table into another (VRF?) table?

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:34 am

Well . Mikrotik in their documentation say that it have to work over :
"In general it is recommended that all routes between VRF should be exchanged using BGP local import and export functionality. If that is not enough, static routes can be used to achieve this so-called route leaking."

But in reality i never was able to make it work. So i considered for myself that this feature broken and never worked. I always use static leak from and to main or another VRF.