Community discussions

MikroTik App

karkkhon
just joined
Topic Author

[Solved] Wireless repeaters with hotspot

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:37 am

Hi guys (& girls),

I have a question regarding the use of wireless repeaters with hotspot. The setup is like this, hotspot is running on a RB2011Ui with its eth1 connected to the cable modem. On eth2 via a switch there are 12 RB951G-2HnDs in bridge mode (all of them are bypassed in ip bindings). This works fine, the problems start when I try to use the repeater connected to one of the 951s. No matter what I do, I can't login to the hotspot trough the repeater, I get the chap-missing error. I tried setting the repeater as bypassed but nothing seems to work. Repeaters I'm using are tp-link wa801nd. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by karkkhon on Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karkkhon
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Wireless repeaters with hotspot

Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:09 pm

So I think i solved the problem, I disabled the CHAP authorisation and I'm using PAP instead. Also I removed the address pool from hotspot :
/ip hotspot set 0 address-pool=none

konisbergwireless
just joined

Re: [Solved] Wireless repeaters with hotspot

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:47 pm

thank you so much, I looking for this whitout of lucky, and you resolved my problem, thanks again, best whishes for you.

hadi165
just joined

Re: Wireless repeaters with hotspot

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:12 am

So I think i solved the problem, I disabled the CHAP authorisation and I'm using PAP instead. Also I removed the address pool from hotspot :
/ip hotspot set 0 address-pool=none
Thank you so much. You saved me. :)))

nade
just joined

Re: [Solved] Wireless repeaters with hotspot

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:43 am

Hello.
Am having the same problem and if anyone can help me I would be great full.
My setup is that I have access points connected to Router board and WiFi repeaters are connected to APs. And all are connected to a hotspot in MT with a captive Portal. Problem is if I set the address pool to none in hotspot server the whole network setup goes down. And if I set one pool the APs are giving internet while the repeaters are not.
Any help is highly appreciated.
Regards.