MikroTik App

JordanReich
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

MikroTik and Bonjour Services

Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:38 pm

Hi all,

To bridge the GAP for using Bonjour services over multiple subnets I have used the services of mDNS provided through Avahi deployed on an ubuntu box. This service works great absolutely no problems whatsoever. Regardless of which subnet I am on I am able to see all of the various Chromecast devices within the house.

In an attempt to communicate with these devices I set up an (any destination, any protocol, any port) firewall rule to any object in the destination address list Chromecast-Devices. On my phone with is on a different subnet 20.0.0.0/24 from the Chromecast device 10.0.0.0/24 I attempt to connect and I can see packets being passed through the F/W rule and logging shows connectivity going to the device. But the connection never establishes I also set up an accept all forward from the Chromecast device back to the phone and the problem remained.

What am I missing to allow this to work appropriately?

Appreciate your help!

FiiMitch

Re: MikroTik and Bonjour Services

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:31 am

Your setup sounds correct, therefore there must be some other unmentioned config interfering in IP connectivity between your phone subnet and chromecast subnet.

Please do /export hide-sensitive file-anynameyouwish and post the config here.