Community discussions

MikroTik App

B1NARE
just joined
Topic Author

I have no idea how do I setup microtik router.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:26 pm

Hi, i reseted my router but I cant configure it how it was. The router wasnt mine and i didnt have credentials to it. My ISP only told me to set it to static IP and provided me with IP, gateway, DNS. I tried the "Quick set" thing but there are 4 modes and i have no idea which one i should use. Also for some reason its disconnecting pretty often when i do something so I need to go reset the router again.
Model of the router is Microtik SXT 5nd r2. I also tried following some tutorial where they used in terminal. The thing is they were using some bridge port ether2 but I only have interfaces ether1 and wlan1. Thank you guys.

qatar2022
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: I have no idea how do I setup microtik router.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:03 am

Hi, i reseted my router but I cant configure it how it was. The router wasnt mine and i didnt have credentials to it. My ISP only told me to set it to static IP and provided me with IP, gateway, DNS. I tried the "Quick set" thing but there are 4 modes and i have no idea which one i should use. Also for some reason its disconnecting pretty often when i do something so I need to go reset the router again.
Model of the router is Microtik SXT 5nd r2. I also tried following some tutorial where they used in terminal. The thing is they were using some bridge port ether2 but I only have interfaces ether1 and wlan1. Thank you guys.
see this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76nK1LXyPMA

B1NARE
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:55 am

see this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76nK1LXyPMA
Hi, the thing is I dont see Home AP and Wisp in the quick set modes. I only can use CPE, CAP, PTP bridge AP and PTP bridge CPE

mipa
just joined

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:01 pm

Hi.
Try using CPE =(Customer provided equipment) option
From there I am sure that you are good to go like most of us who are not IT techs

w32pamela
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:04 pm

Your device has a Level 3 license and cannot be used as an AP.
https://mikrotik.com/product/RBSXT5nDr2

B1NARE
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:08 pm

Your device has a Level 3 license and cannot be used as an AP.
https://mikrotik.com/product/RBSXT5nDr2
What then how did it work before the reset. I am 100% sure i dont have any other router. I only have this connected to PoE then to switch and then to my PC.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:42 pm

It worked as CPE => connected to ISP via WiFi. It's an external device for WiFi infrastructure. not a customer home device.
It's possible that your device has higher license if only your ISP bought one but hardly anyone does this.

B1NARE
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:47 pm

It worked as CPE => connected to ISP via WiFi. It's an external device for WiFi infrastructure. not a customer home device.
It's possible that your device has higher license if only your ISP bought one but hardly anyone does this.
Okay so do I have to wait for service or can i connect to it with the CPE mode ? They told me ip, gateway, 2 dns's and subnet mask. Is that enough?

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:58 pm

I do not know how do they configure their devices but If you do not know WiFi passowrd then you have no chance to connect to their WiFi.
BTW ... read the link from my signature.

B1NARE
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:10 pm

Ok guess ill wait for them then. Thank you and sorry xd