Community discussions

MikroTik App

Giovanni26
just joined
Topic Author

CPU usage issues when using mangle + pcq + addresslist rules

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:48 pm

greetings to the whole community, a few weeks ago I implemented mangle + pcq + addresslist in a mikrotik ccr1072 to manage the bandwidth of my dhcp clients, everything was fine until it reached the number of 800 dhcp clients and the cpu began to rise to 100% and generate instability and to lower the use of the cpu I must disable part of the mangle rules (those that are associated with most of my clients), but by doing that I am no longer limiting their bandwidth, I have tried changing the prerouting chain to fordward and specifying that it only mark the new, established and related connections and not reduce the consumption of the cpu, I must clarify that the router initially worked only with pppoe that is still running together with the dhcp server in what I am migrating all the clients to dhcp, I would like to know if there is any way to optimize these mangle rules to prevent them from making excessive use of the router's cpu, I hope you can help me and if someone needs it I can share my configuration.