Community discussions

MikroTik App

riggah
just joined
Topic Author

Bridge/replicate the wan port to one LAN port

Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:56 am

Hi,

So I recently bought a Mikrotik HexS RB760iGS. Everything seems to be very nice apart from one problem I am facing.
First of all I must say - I am comming from OpenWRT and there the things I needed for my home use that were slightly easier to be done, however I'd like to learn how to do them on RouterOS as well.

I am trying to make the 2nd port of the router (eth2) same as port 1 (wan port).
The idea is to bridge the WAN with one LAN port so the multicast from my ISP could work in order to have my IPTV working.
I managed to do that via vlan on my OpenWRT router and untag the two ports on a separate vlan and then untag the rest in a 2nd vlan for my lan subnet, but I can't seem to get it done the same way on RouterOS.
I've created a vlan dedicated only to these ports in the switch section in the UI but It doesn't seem to work. Then on the bridge section (still new to the OS so I am a pleb using the UI) in the VLAN option I created a separate vlan for these two ports and again - untagged them. Yet It still doesn't work. When I check the IP of my setopbox - it still uses a local IP from my subnet, rather than the dedicated IP from the ISP. On the OpenWRT the configuration looked like this:
https://imgur.com/a/UQpA0hV

Can anybody help with such configuration? Thanks!