Community discussions

MikroTik App

perbrent
just joined
Topic Author

Trunk with Cisco and CRS112-8G-4S with 3 VLANS

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:20 am

Hello everyone!

I'm using Mikrotik routers couple years now, mostly for Wireless networks.
Its the first time that i want to connect a Mikrotik Managed switch with a managed Cisco Switch through a Trunk port and im having lots of trouble.
For Cisco is easy to configure but i cant say the same for Mikrotik.

I will explain my situation in detail with some screenshots and if you can please give me a hand..! :shock: :shock:

so here is the Cisco Interface in which i connected the Mikrotik:
Untitled.png
Screenshot_1.png
simple stuff.

So on that interface i have connected my Eth1 Mikrotik Interface,
created the VLANS, added the to ports, created a Bridge port, added the Physical Port.
Then i assigned 2 IP addresses 1 for the Physical port in VLAN1 (which is the Native at Cisco) and 1 at port VLAN2 which have vlan ID:2

I checked that i can ping both IP's, so my trunk works (i guess).
Then i want to assign different VLANs in the other switch ports, splitting them 4 ports for VLAN1 and the rest 4 for VLAN2 = Eth1,2,3,4 for VLAN1 and Eth5,6,7,8 for VLAN2.
I didn't succeed on that.... and also i have a Windows Server with DHCP service running with IP 192.168.1.8.
My DHCP is enabled only for VLAN2. I tried to set up the DHCP relay for the VLAN2 interface but it didnt worked...
I will place some photos from my configuration to realize better what im talking about so ... im open to any suggestions and help! :(

The interfaces
Screenshot_2.png
The VLANS
Screenshot_3.png
VLAN2
Screenshot_4.png
Bridge Interface
Screenshot_5.png
Bridge Port Connection
Screenshot_6.png
Here this is a test... dont know if this works, added the VLAN ID's in Switch
Screenshot_7.png
I set the Egress VLAN marking
Screenshot_8.png
The IP assignment
Screenshot_9.png
The DHCP relay test i tried...
Screenshot_10.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.