Community discussions

MikroTik App

rolelael
just joined
Topic Author

wAP AC Microtik - unable to config correct

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:10 pm

Hello, I'm new to RouterOS and I'm trying to config a Dual AP but seem to hit some issues.

My config is Provider Router Modem with DHCP , with wifi enabled ---> UTP in ETH1 Microtik wAP

What I need is dual Home AP, with IP Addresses getting leased from Provider modem ( and dns servers also ? )

192.168.0.1/24 is the ip of the provider modem

I tried selecting Home Ap Dual on the Microtik user interface, set the Local Network address to 192.168.0.2 ( correct subnet /24) and dhcp disabled, NAT disabled ( as I don't want double natting )

The internet address aquisition is set to automatic ? I also tried static ( but then I'm not sure what to enter ) -> I tried setting it the same ip as the local network config eg 192.168.0.2/24 and the gateway pointed to the providers modem 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers : 8.8.8.8 ( google dns )

Firewall router = disabled

I hit apply -> then wifi disconnect, reconnects -> get no ip ( so dhcp is not used via my provider modem ) . I then assigned a static ip in the /24 network range ( router = 192.168.0.2 )manually to reconnect to the interface.

No internet connection is the message I get. Offcourse no dns is given to me since I'm now on static ip.. How can I get a dynamic ip from my providers modem and also how can I get the dns addresses from the provider eg.

I'm really confused. I have a knowledge of networking but the routerOS is new to me

Any help appreciated